Cookie Control

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My JCU



source: http://www.youtube.com/user/jamescookuniversity

see my pics on 2011 International Postgraduate Student Prospectus, page 36 here


Working as a botany researcher in tropical Indonesia has been a reason for me to choose James Cook University (JCU). The university offers many research and courses areas relating to tropical studies. JCU accommodates my interest in tropical plant sciences especially the location of its one main campus in Townsville and Cairns, North Queensland Australia. The tropical rainforests of The Wet Tropics Heritage occurs here besides the famous Great Barrier Reef. I can put my high confidence that I can apply my research in Indonesia in the future.

JCU, as a member of Innovative Research Universities—classified by the peak body, Australian Universities Association, has been reputable Nationally and Internationally.

JCU has been in the top 5% universities worldwide in 2008 (Shanghai Jiao Tong Universities ranking system) and in the top 500 universities in the world (Higher Education and Accreditation Council ranking system) with more than 5000 international students from 100 different countries (data from JCU website and publication).


No comments: